Jenny (Reading Envy)'s Reviews > The Eye of the World

The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan

Feb 10, 09

bookshelves: read09, sword-and-laser, sci-fi-fantasy
Read in February, 2009

I'm glad I was talked into trying this book again. I had to give into the rhythm of it a little, but ended up enjoying the story and its many parts. Jordan is very talented at world-building and I'm curious about the Dragon Reborn as well as various relationships that are only hinted at in this first book of the series.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Eye of the World.

02/05/2009 page 221
27.63% "I'm giving in, not hating it this time. Might even be enjoying it...."

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 3: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Can't wait to hear what you think about this.

message 2: by Jenny (Reading Envy) (last edited Jan 27, 2009 06:13PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenny (Reading Envy) Kristen wrote: "Can't wait to hear what you think about this."
I've read it before, I think I borrowed your copy actually. I'm reading it along with the Sword and Laser bookclub this time, and reading it with others is always better - I'm hoping someone can help me figure out either why I seem not to like quest books, or to help me like this one. :)

P.S. On Tor.com, they are doing a readalong of the entire series in anticipation of the last book - you should sign up!

message 1: by Paula (new)

Paula McConnell Jenny wrote: "Kristen wrote: "Can't wait to hear what you think about this."

I haven't been able to bring myself to start it - it's the sort of thing I swore I'd never read. I'm hoping the S&L group moves on before I get around to starting. Pathetic, I know.