Dave's Reviews > The Celestine Prophecy

M 50x66
Jan 24, 09

bookshelves: spiritual
Read in May, 2007

• This is the 2nd time I’ve read this book. And while I’m pretty sure most of it is fictional, I still think it carries some valuable insights…so I want to summarize them in the 9 insights of the book and my understanding of them:
o 1) Noticing the coincidences in life is the first step. The more I become aware of coincidences, the more I’ll become aware of a universal force behind them.
o 2) This is about putting my awareness into a longer historical perspective. Imagining myself as a part of all humanity, and standing at the tip of the arrow with over two millennia behind me. As I see within myself the entire history of thought and actions of humanity I can see myself waking up to what is really going on.
o 3) This is about a transformed understanding of the physical universe. It begins with a heightened sensitivity to beauty, the uniqueness, and presence of nature. Then we begin to see that the whole universe is made out of energy that responds to how I think.
o 4) Often, when people cut themselves off from the infinite source of energy in the universe, they try to take it from other people…leading to a struggle for power (energy), and often in the end we feel depleted.
o 5) This is about the truth that we can tap into the infinite energy of the universe. It brings a lightness with it, and we feel ourselves connected to everything. Whenever we want to, we can tap into this.
o 6) This is about clearing our past. We operate out of certain control dramas that we learned to make sure we had enough energy as children…Either being an intimidator, interrogator, being aloof, or being a poor me. All are usually unconscious patterns we fall into to get energy from others. I’m still not sure what mine is, I think it’d be interrogator. The second part of this is that our parents left us with a basic life question that is the combination of the question both of their lives stood for. Put simply, mom’s life question is how to I live spiritually within the world? And dad’s is how do I have fun, do well, and live a life of service? So in that case mine would be trying to blend service and joy and spirituality.
o 7) This is about conscious evolution…by actively connecting to ininate energy by thinking about love, then remembering my basic life question, then center myself on my path by discovering the immeadiate, smaller questions that currently confront my life. These questions always pertain to my larger question and define where I am on my lifelong quest. The problem is not getting answers, the problem is identifying my current questions! ☺ Holding these questions firmly in mind, pay attention to what pops out in the outside world.
o 8) This is about intimate relationships, and the danger that “love at first sight” can pull us off our important journey by mistaking our partner for the infinite love-connection of the universe! To avoid this, resist the love at first sight feeling for a while and learn to have platonic relationships with members of the opposite sex. And have them only with people who will reveal themselves totally, telling me how and why they are doing what they are doing. By doing this, I break out of a fantasy projection about that sex, and it releases me to connect again with the energy of the universe.
9) this last insight reveals our ultimate destiny…that as hunmans, we are the culmination of the whole of evolution. As groups of us vibrate at higher levels, we’ll become invincible to those at lower levels, and vibrate high enough to walk into heaven in our same form.
48 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Celestine Prophecy.

message 1: by Erik (new)

Erik We are the "culmination of the whole of evolution"? Don't think so.