David's Reviews > In at the Death

193665
Aug 18, 07

bookshelves: alt-history
Read in August, 2007

What can I say, I love alt history stories and Turtledove is one of the masters. Though I enjoy many of his other books, nothing has grabbed my interest as much as this particular series did. I couldn't wait for each new book to come out and now that the series is over I feel kind of lost wondering where I'll go from here.

As for the book itself, if you know any history, you can pretty much see how things will turn out so there weren't really any surprises. What makes the book so interesting is the whole, it could never happen here attitude that he destroys so easily and shows just how things that really happened in Germany could have happened here in North America despite our idea that we're better than that. It also really did a good job of making me consider other points of view, as well as having some interesting points to ponder on the actual state of the world today.

I would highly recommend this series to anyone who has an interest in alt history, history or just wonders what might have been.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In at the Death.