cheyenne's Reviews > A Child Called "It"

A Child Called "It" by Dave Pelzer

F 50x66
Jun 11, 09

bookshelves: 7th-grade-ir-books-debra
Read in June, 2009

the plot in this book was very sad. and i feel bad for this boy because his mom treated him worse than a dog. And his father and brothers just watched when his mother stab him and beat him and no one bothered to help him and save his life. his mom put him thorugh so much and he lost his hope and wanted to die at times. but he over came that to prove that he is better than his mom and can beat her.

i can connect to this book using text to self. becuase if my mom did this to me i would be very sad just like how he was. i would feel so hurt that non of my family really did something. to stop the mom from doing all the stuff to him.

i rate this book 5 out of 5 stars becuase its a very sad but good book. i like it a lot and might read it again. i recommend this book to all my friends becuase if you read this you will think differently of child abuse. and think it is more bad then you would ever think this book goes into details with what she did to him but its still good.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Child Called "It".