Michelle Book Briefs's Reviews > Fragile

Fragile by M. Leighton

Oct 24, 12

bookshelves: kindle, review-on-blog
Read in October, 2012

Wow, what a sweet sweet story. Fragile reminded me of A Walk to Remember and Blue Sky Days- and not just because they dealt with cancer, but because they all had beautiful writing, and even more beautiful characters that really appreciated the beauty around them. Fragile helps puts things in perspective. I enjoyed reading Fragile. It warmed my heart. Sometimes you just need to read about some great people finding each other.

Not that Fragile is all happy-go-lucky. Not at all. The main character, Miracle, is so giving and kind. She is one of the good ones, and I am in awe of her amazing attitude. She just lets everything, and I do mean everything, roll right off her shoulders. She can always see the good in everyone. But she has serious kidney issues. This hit home with me. My grandpa has kidney problems and he has been on dialysis for years. I know how tough it is watching someone you love go through that. The saddest part, was that even though she was always fighting for other people; fighting to see the good, fighting to spread her warmth, she didn't fight too much for herself. She seemed resigned to her sickness and it just made my heart break for her.

But even thought Miracle didn't fight for herself, Hardy continuously fought for her. That was the thing I loved most about him. He never gave up on her. I wanted to see a little bit more about the foundation for his feelings for Miracle, but on the other hand I loved seeing something so pure and strong as his love for her. It was really beautiful. Hardy is more than swoon-worthy!

Fragile, is sweet, sad, beautiful and deep. It made me happy, melancholy, made me think and I loved every second of it. If you are a fan of realistic fiction, you need to check out Fragile.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fragile.