Michelle's Reviews > Tempting the Player

Tempting the Player by J. Lynn

Oct 24, 12

bookshelves: nook-book, 4-and-a-half
Read from October 01 to 24, 2012

Just finished this book, after waiting for it all day to come out on the Nook... So worth the wait! I read Tempting the Best Man around 5-6 months ago and really enjoyed it, liked the writing style of the author and anxiously awaited this one. (Love the new covers too!)So here's the basis of the story in a nutshell....

Bridget works with Madison from Tempting the Best Man at the Smithsonian. She knows all about the Gamble brothers. Her best friend manages to get an invite to a club (a "rumored" sex club) and talks Bridget into going. Bridget doesn't feel comfortable there, she feels she's too curvy. At the bar, a hot guy buys her a drink... and guess who it is? Her boss's boyfriend's brother, Chad Gamble.

Chad is a pro baseball player and reputed playboy. He's constantly in the gossip columns for his shenanigans. He has a reputation for being with a different woman every time he goes out and that he drinks too much. When he sees Bridget at the club, he is instantly attracted to her. He says she has the body of a 50's pin up model and loves it.

They end up talking and flirting all night - love his lame pick up lines, and love that she doesn't read into them and they have fun with them.

I don't want to give too much more away, but needless to say, these two are forced to spend a month together in a "fake" relationship.

I really enjoyed this book. I think the reader gets a nice insight into how each of them are feeling and you're able to identify with them. I especially enjoyed that the heroine wasn't a bitch. It seems lately so many books have the heroine being a major bitch in order to push the hero away and quite frankly, I'm sick of it. So this was quite refreshing. Don't get me wrong, Bridget had her moments, but it wasn't the entire book.

The only negative of this book, only has to do with formatting, and maybe this is a Nook issue with this book. There were times in the book where the POV would change midpage, but there was nothing indicating the change, such as a space between paragraphs, or an icon or flourishy thing like some authors use. There were a few times where time had elapsed but again, nothing indicated this. It just made it a little confusing, but again, it's just a formatting issue and nothing to do with the writing itself.

So go buy this book! You won't be disappointed!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempting the Player.