Stephanie Ward's Reviews > Change

Oct 24, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: blog-tour, ebook, for-review
Read in October, 2012

'Change' is an interesting young adult paranormal romance novel. The book focuses on Riley King, whose life is turned upside down when she loses her twin sister, is shipped off to stay with her grandmother and then discovers that she is actually a shifter - a leopard shifter.On top of all this craziness, she meets Hunter - the boy she is promised to be with forever. Riley must come to terms with who she is and her destiny, or it may cost her more than she could bear.

I found the description and concept of this book to be very interesting. The story had a good amount of action, romance, and adventure. The writing was a bit slow at times, but the plot was fast paced. I felt that the dialogue seemed a bit forced at times - it didn't seem natural. The characters were intriguing but didn't have a lot of depth and little character growth occurred throughout the novel. I liked the shifter history and the paranormal world that the author creates - I think it added an unique aspect to the book and sets it apart from other shifter books.

Disclosure: I received a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Change.