Savannah (Books With Bite)'s Reviews > Period 8

Period 8 by Chris Crutcher

Feb 04, 13

Read from January 19 to 21, 2013

In the introduction to the reader, Mr. Crutcher states he "put this book on steroids." After closing the last page of the book, I have come to a conclusion. All authors need to take Mr. Crutcher advice.

I have never read such a crazy, beautiful, MESSED up book. The plot first of all, takes the reader far away to a place of watching. As you watch the plot unfold, the reader gets chances with every chapter to start to peace things together. I like that the plot gives a good dose of everything. First a mystery from the past, then the future advice with the teacher, to students doing thing in present day. I never read a book that had everything so planned out yet you can't grasp it. (In a good way) If anything, this book kept me hooked right where I was and there was no way I was going to put down the book until I reached the last page.

The love interest. Well ,what can I say about that? Let's just say that the start of the book gave the tone for it. Crazy, out of this world, where teens makes hasty decisions, leaving them regretful. I like that in all of this mess, the kids came together to solve the big mystery. They start to learn to stop thinking about themselves and start thinking about others. Even the teacher, who gave wonderful advice, never steered his students wrong.

In the end, this book is EPIC! Once I got to the last chapter and watch the final piece come together I was utterly speechless. How can a book develop such a fantastic plot before my eyes and I not know it? A moving and affecting plot, Period 8 stands out before all. Orchestrated in a wicked, unfiltered way leaving the reader tangled in mystery and action, Period 8 is stunning!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Period 8.

01/21/2013 page 95