Rebekah's Reviews > Twilight

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Aug 22, 2016

did not like it
bookshelves: a-blight-to-literature-everywhere, romance, own, movie-was-better, fiction, female-author
Recommended for: absolutely no one
read count: Once was far too many

Well this is probably one of the worst books I've ever read. The idea of a vampire and human falling in love was intriguing but the execution was horrible. The teen human girl had practically no personality to speak of and I have no idea why the vampire fell in love with her. They just "fell in love" all of a sudden. It made no sense. She was suddenly so worried about what he thought of her with only having talked to him once or twice.

There were also no character arcs or development and the barest hints of a plot were only present in the last fourth of the book, where there was barely any climax what so ever. I had some hopes as the hunter was closing in and I actually was pleased that she was tricked by him and it looked like it was getting better. But then it flopped. He wasn't even that good of an antagonist. She really should have dragged it out more. It wasn't dramatic at all.

I have absolutely no idea why it's been nominated as the best book of the decade. I am sure there are much more deserving books out there.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twilight.

02/22 marked as: read

message 1: by Cal (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cal Such a shame you didn't enjoy it :/ many paranormal romances don't make sense, but people like I, love them besides that. The antagonist isn't really needed to be so strong when it's just a YA Romance. If it were a different genre, then sure, I'd be disappointed. But the romance is excellent (besides the somewhat insta-love but Steph said she did that as a depiction of a teen girl's experience of first loves- note Edward didn't love her as soon as she confessed). I think the world is so beautiful in its gloominess, but it's still understandable if you didn't enjoy it. Such a shame :/