Janell's Reviews > Tallgrass

Tallgrass by Sandra Dallas

Jan 27, 09

Read in January, 2009

With Tallgrass, I did something I rarely do.... about a 1/3 of the way through reading the book I got to a place in the plotline where I thought I'd kind of figured the way the author was heading, so I skipped to the last chapter or so to see what happened. After reading the ending, I found an interesting character mentioned that I hadn't discovered when I left off, so I went back to that part of the book where the character was introduced to read about them a bit. Then I put it down in favor of my Telex From Cuba book I'm reading.

I admit, it's definitely an odd way to read a book. I usually don't go for the Cliff's notes ending to cut out reading time, but as crazy as my life is right now, I gave myself permission to do something totally different.

The overall plot was interesting - yet another aspect of WWII life that I hadn't yet read about (Japanese internment camp in Colorado) and how it shakes up the lives of the locals. I may go back and read the middle of the book at another time to learn more about what happened. In the meantime...too many books, not enough time!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tallgrass.

01/23/2009 page 77