Carol W's Reviews > A Merry Little Christmas

A Merry Little Christmas by Julia Williams

3190801
Dec 18, 2012

Read from December 13 to 15, 2012

I was really looking forward to getting into another Julia Williams novel after enjoying The Summer Season earlier this year. This one did not disappoint.

Unexpectedly, the story does not begin as the families are preparing for Christmas, but at the beginning of the year. We follow the four families throughout the year and over the festive period.

My only little niggle was that at the beginning of the novel I felt overwhelmed with getting to know the four families so quickly. I felt like I had walked into a party and was not sure how I was going to remember everyone. When you pick this one up, please do persevere, it is worth it to get to know these families.

A wonderful novel about strong women holding up their families through the up and downs of modern, complicated family life, with the support of each other. Family life that involves step-families, working mums, and special needs children. Family life that throws up unexpected events to add to the daily juggle these women have.

Superb!

9 out of 10 for me!

Thank you to Avon for a review copy. This did not influence my review in any way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Merry Little Christmas.

12/13/2012 page 110