Amanda's Reviews > Princess of the Silver Woods

Princess of the Silver Woods by Jessica Day George

Oct 24, 2012

bookshelves: ya-books

Absolutely 5 stars for this book! Princess Petunia is on a journey to meet an elderly friend when she is accidentally kidnapped by a very handsome robber who is really just a down and out Duke. He helps her to her friends manor, but when she reaches there strange and terrible things begin to happen to poor Petunia. Can Oliver the handsome robber save her or does she need to save him? Jessica Day George is an amazing writer. The stories of Little Red Ridding Hood and Robbin Hood blend so well together, and the world she created is so rich. Petunia is a wonderful princess and down to earth person that I really cannot think of a better heroine then her. Oliver is great too, and I feel his character changes so much as the story progresses. I also want to point out that this novel is not not only great for teens but tweens as well. I am a Youth Librarian and it is so hard to find appropriate books for kids sometimes. I think some authors forget that these types of books are not for adults and put way too much sex in their stories, but Miss. George does a wonderful job of making and interesting and gripping tale without it being too much for younger teens and tweens to handle. I give her a big bravo!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Princess of the Silver Woods.