Melindeeloo's Reviews > Into the Woods: Tales from the Hollows and Beyond

Into the Woods by Kim Harrison

I really wanted to read Trent's story, but I'd read enough of the shorts in this one (the *'d ones) that I had balked at the hardcover price, so I was happy that the e-version finally dropped to not-insanely expensive so I could sate my curiosity.

The Bespelled – Ceri/Al short - The Outlaw Demon Wails short story originally pubbed in the mass market of The Outlaw Demon Wails ~ I really enjoyed seeing Ceri's fall and another glimpse into Al - boy has he come a long way from here to Ever After.

*Two Ghosts for Sister Rachel - Rachel meets Pearce short originally pubbed in the Holiday are Hell anthology - I liked it well enough when I read it and it was nice to be familiar with Pearce when he finally shows up in the full length books.

*Undead in the Garden of Good and Evil – an Ivy/Kisten short originally pubbed in the Dates from Hell anthology ~ I had actually read this short before I read any of the Hallows books, so it was sort of confusing then, I gave a shot at a reread just now and just couldn't do it - Ivy is my least favorite character of the series and the vampire stuff is my least favorite aspect of the stories as well.

*Dirty Magic – Mia the Banshee short originally pubbed in the Hotter Than Hell anthology

The Bridges of Eden Park – A Rachel/Kisten short story from the mass market edition of For a Few Demons More ~ for those who miss Kisten and Rachel together this was a nice little vignette, but I actually agreed with Harrison's comment at the beginning of the short - the romance with Kisten was a dead end storywise, unless he filled Ivy's shoes in the vampire soul storyline.

*Ley Line Drifter – A Jenks story originally pubbed in the Unbound anthology

Million Dollar Baby – Trent/Jenks original Hollows story - I loved this story of Trent's elf quest and I loved seeing inside his head. I think that it is sort of strange that such a key story is told in an anthology though - it belongs in the main stream of the series as part of a regular book.

Non-Hollows stories:

*Pet Shop Boys – recent standalone e-release - Creepy but interesting, I liked the Fae angle

------------------------
I just am not in the mood to read the rest of these now...

Temson Estates

Spider Web

Grace
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Into the Woods.