Keith's Reviews > Devil Said Bang

Devil Said Bang by Richard Kadrey

Nov 01, 12

Read from October 24 to November 01, 2012

Sandman Slim is out of the arena and dealing with... paperwork.

I love this series almost as much as I love me some Dresden files, in fact I started reading Sandman Slim as a fix to hold me over till Ghost Story. It worked a little too good and now I crave it almost as much. The two stories only share a genre, nothing else. Let me say for the record I'm not comparing them.

This book starts slow, painfully slow, and I think that's what the author was going for. Our "hero" and current leader of the armies of hell spends more then half this book looking for a face to punch and as a reader I may have wanted him to find one more then he did. The story spends so much time wandering around while tensions boil, and boil, and boil and just when you think "Why am I still reading this" BAM you get your reminder. It's not the best of the series but it's a worthy follow up and a damn fine novel. When the action heats up it heats up hotter then the fires of hell and I turned pages so fast you would have thought I was worried about getting my fingers burned (Ok, I was being clever before but now I'm pushing it)

Anyway, put down whatever crap you are reading and get to know Sandman Slim, you won't regret it.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Devil Said Bang.