Marian's Reviews > Ever After

Ever After by Kim Harrison

Dec 04, 12

bookshelves: kim-harrison, favorites
Read in October, 2012

All I can say is WOW WOW WOW!!! Kim Harrison, you have outdone yourself. Again. I did not think you could top "Pale Demon". Then "A Perfect Blood". I. WAS. WRONG. Quite simply, this book is pure "Magic" [written] "into existence".

This book was action from beginning to end, with returns of all our old favorites, a few new ones, and more than a few surprises") Not all of them good. But some of them are very, very good (wink). I can't elaborate on that without spoilers, but let's just say, I have a some new favorite parts to re-read. And re-read some more") For the loooooong months to come until the next book comes out.

I have to give serious props to my man Jenks") As always, he has his unique way of stating things like only he can. I laughed out loud many times while reading this book. Seriously, how can a little 4 inch person be SO BIG?

Rachel has done some serious growing up in this book. How she handles conflict, attraction, fear, loss, and power, it all comes together as only Kim can write it. We get to see some interesting collaborations with mind blowing consequences. Some doors are blown wide open, while others will be forever closed.

So from amazing character growth, to confronting the Big Bad Uglies, to life altering events, prepare to be impressed.

And Al. Great timing. 'nuff said. ")

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ever After.

Quotes Marian Liked

Kim Harrison
“His eyes met mine at the soft touch, and a chime seemed to shake the ley line, realigning the universe.

He was mine.”
Kim Harrison, Ever After

Kim Harrison
“What are you doing now?" Al questioned "Seeing if your circumcision is gone? It is.

My expression went blank, and Trent hesitated.

He looked at me, and I put a hand to my mouth, face flaming. "Oh. My. God. Trent. I'm sorry"

"Um" Trent said, clearly at a loss.

"Call me tomorrow," Al said seriously, "I've got a curse that will take care of that. Unless you like the snake in a turtleneck look”
Kim Harrison, Ever After