Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)'s Reviews > Her Game, His Rules

Her Game, His Rules by Piper Shelly

Nov 05, 12

bookshelves: arc-book-read, kindle-books
Read from October 23 to 25, 2012

I am going to keep this review easy this time and simply say that I really enjoyed this read. The writing was so well done and the characters so engaging that I was drawn into the story from the first chapter.

Jona was everything that I love in a lead character. She was feisty and sarcastic, a little broken and a little lost. A whole lot strong and had a heart of gold that she didn't like to show.

It was so nice watching her grow as a character and let others in. To learn to trust and love.

Marie was absolutely fabulous and I loved her from the moment she was introduced. Her loving, patient nature was exactly what Jona needed and craved and I was so happy that Jona had someone like her in her life. We should all have someone like Marie in our lives.

I adored Julian from the first moment that we met him too. He was everything she needed and then some. Mysterious, loving, kind, nurturing, caring...everything you could want and ask for in a friend and in a lover.

The slight paranormal element of this one was perfect. It added mystery to the story and a touch of magic without it being overbearing or the whole focus of the fact that this was indeed a story about forgiveness, redemption and most of all love.

Their story really was a sweet one and one that I won't soon forget. These characters and their story will stay with me for awhile.

I will be keeping an eye on this author and plan to read whatever she comes out with next.

This one deserves a very solid 5 Stars!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Game, His Rules.