Jordan's Reviews > Peter and the Starcatchers

Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry

Oct 23, 12

bookshelves: books-1-12
Read in July, 2012

Peter and his friends are taken to a ship to be transported to King Rundoon and to become slaves. Upon the ship, Peter learns of a mysterious box filled with wonderful gold dust that feels amazing to be around. With the help of Molly, a young girl, they learn that the box is filled with Starstuff and it can cause death, unless harnessed correctly. Then it can become all-powerful. Captain of the ship, Captain Black Stache, tries to stop the kids from taking the box, but fails several times. The ship soon wrecks on an island and the children must fend for themselves in order to stop Black Stache and his horde of evil men.

Such a great retelling of the Peter Pan story. I love this book so much because it brought a more fun experience to the story. The characters are phenomenal. I would recommend this book for all. It is filled with pirate tales and adventure. It also helped me fill in the wholes to Peter's origins. This book is the first in a trilogy that leads to the Peter Pan that we know today.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Peter and the Starcatchers.