Anica's Reviews > Tempting

Tempting by Susan Mallery

Jan 31, 09

bookshelves: romance
Read in January, 2009

I feel like giving the book 2,5 stars but I am in a good mood so ...yeah...

Anyway, I was so excited to read this book after the last 2 books in Susan Mallery's Buchanan series were quite good but this excitement left already after a few pages. :( I confess, the beginning was funny! After that, it went down the drain. Like really...

It's like nothing really happened at all. No highlights, no nothing! I expected the book to be at least a bit funnier but even that was a huge disappointment. Maybe it was because I found all the characters way too blah and meh. They were flat and boring. Especially Dani's new family which could have been described way better/more interesting. I thought Mark was a stupid idiot and I still didn't get Katherine's behavior. The woman was a) way too good to be true and b) didn't react reasonable AT ALL.
Plus, the hero and heroine were boring, too. I expected Dani to be way more interesting. Alex was OK-ish most of the time. Still...

But what bugged me the most was the ending! I had like 50 pages left and from there on the major headdesk-ing began. Seriously, if you don't have anything left to tell the readers (not that there was much to start!) then write the ending! Just giving the readers more pages of bullshit is annoying!!!
And when I had 30 pages left I was practically rolling my eyes and throwing my head against the pillow on every.damn.page. WTF! WTF! WTF! Dani turned from this woman who could have been awesome to a whiny girl with stupidness all over her brain. I was so frustrated of her behavior I wanted to smack her. All of a sudden she thinks running away helps? Seriously?! Girl, like nobody would have noticed you in LA f.e. Seriously, she thinks she is so smart and then she does such bs. I was so annoyed, you had no idea.

The ending itself was OK-ish. A bit too meh and too oh my god let us be one happy family but whatever!

I am seriously disappointed and I get why I prefer paranormal romance books over contemparary lately because this whining ending and the stupid behavior of the female characters are bugging me!

Man...
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempting.

01/28/2009 page 158
41.69% "It is a bit too blah but still a good read somehow. Hmmm..." 4 comments
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Ceci i felt the same about this book! i didn't know if it was because i read all the books in a row and since this was the last one, i was getting tired or it was because the book wasn't great.

One thing that i really miss in this book was danni's family. where were reid, walker and cal?

When i read the synopsis about this book, i thought there was going to be at least some kind of bond between dani and mark which it never happened. Also, the whole thing between alex and dani was kind of boring. fiona?? or i'm going to ruin my dad's opportunity of becoming president? WTF!!!

I was pretty dissapointed with this book because i thought that dani's story could have been so much better than this. I thought that dani in the previous books had a lot of potential and i still can't understand her decisions in this book!

tell me when you want to start reading lover revealed... maybe we'll have better luck with this book! LOL

Anica I don't think it was because you read all in a row. It's because the book was/is boring/stupid! The end. There was no real dynamic, no highlights...I felt like SM needed to finish/write this book just because, you know? Even though she had no ideas left. :( Which is sad because I really looked forward, too.

Plus, I think this story could have been awesome with a less stupid Dani and more family dynamics. Because honestly, the Buchanans were barely there (I always have this when I read a series!) and the new family? Don't let me start on this one.

Even the romance between Alex/Dani was soooo boring as you already mentioned. To be honest, the moment Fiona was on "screen" I was already wondering when she will be fake!pregnant and all. Duh!

or i'm going to ruin my dad's opportunity of becoming president? WTF!!!

This was the stupidest thing in the whole book if you ask me. Not that the "relationship" between those two was actually there. Or like they build something or whatever!! *rolleyes*

LOL I am pretty sure that this book will be awesome!! Well I have a "wandering around book" lying around here to read (which I currently read) and I have to read another one which I will give to someone after that. And I dunno if you have exams, so I dunno, the beginning of March maybe? Let me know! :)

Ceci Anica wrote: " I dunno if you have exams, so I dunno, the beginning of March maybe? Let me know! :)"

that would be awesome!! i start with my finals next week.. so my time online is going to be minimal this week since i'm pretty freak out! I can't wait to read lover revealed! ;D

Anica Well, good luck darling! I am sure you will do great. My fingers are crossed.

And well, let me know when you have time in March. :)