Kelly's Reviews > The New Basics Cookbook

The New Basics Cookbook by Julee Rosso

Aug 11, 07

bookshelves: cookbooks
Read in January, 1990

Kip is now a friend, so I'm going to start reviewing cookbooks -- Yay!

This is one of my favorite go-to cookbooks. When my friends were getting married in the late 90s, this is the cookbook I gave them as shower presents. Some of the recipes are dated and a little high in fat, but the techniques presented are timeless. A lot of my "standard" recipes come from this book. My pizza crust, pizza sauce, garlic vinagrette, cheesecake are all from this book. This is a collection I go to when I need ideas for parties. A very good read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The New Basics Cookbook.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by CLM (new)

CLM I keep meaning to buy this but would I really use it? I have too many cookbooks now that I like the looks of but never open. However, I think the best chicken salad (with grapes in it) I ever had came from this one.

Kelly Yes -- that is the one. Red grapes, walnuts and half mayo/half sour cream. I made it for my cousin's baby shower. I had one copy of this I bought new, and when it fell apart I replaced it with a 50 cent copy from the Brandeis Book Sale. So you might keep an eye out for a used copy. There are just so many good things in this!