Kristyn Smith's Reviews > Angel's Ink

Angel's Ink by Jocelynn Drake

Nov 28, 12

Read from November 18 to 21, 2012

This was my first time reading Jocelynn Drake's work. I read both of the short prequels "The Asylum Interviews: Bronx" and "The Asylum Interviews: Trixie" and I was immediately hooked. I am beyond happy that I got hooked and went on to read Angel's Ink. The characters of Gage, Trixie, and Bronx are just great and they get along extremely well together. I like how they keep each other in check, while still having fun and enjoying themselves (or trying to). I especially love Gage and how he is willing to do anything, including break the rules, for his friends and their safety. He is kind, caring, and tries to keep a hold of his humanity, keeping from becoming like the other warlocks who think they are gods. Between his skills, and his compassion and love for his friends, I definitely think I might have a crush on him ;) I also love how Trixie and Bronx reciprocate the feelings and do not run like others would when learning what Gage is. I definitely think that Trixie and Bronx will play large parts in keeping Gage sane and keeping him from feeling like the other warlocks if he has to make hard choices.

All in all, I absolutely loved this book! I had to pretty much force myself to read it only at night so I could focus on school work, and then I would have to force myself to put it down so I could get some sleep. I cannot wait to see what other adventures Gage, Trixie, and Bronx will face. I'm even about to pre-order Dead Man's Deal. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel's Ink.