Christie's Reviews > The Mastery of Love: A Practical Guide to the Art of Relationship --Toltec Wisdom Book

The Mastery of Love by Miguel Ruiz

1932539
Jan 23, 09

Read in January, 2009

Ruiz's delivery irritates me just as much as Thomas Friedman of the World is Flat. Of course, I have been in the minority before, and I don't mind being in it again.

On the positive side, this book contains some healthy and true messages about how we love, and why we fail, and how so many of our actions and reactions are based on fear. There were some messages in this book that I needed to hear, but I could have removed a lot of fluff of the analogies and stories. They either just felt off the wall to me, or not really well told. I even skimmed through some sections instead of reading them properly.

I would like to say that I will re-read it to get more out of it second time around, but I doubt that I will. In the meantime, I will tote it around with me at the bottom of my backpack for the next two months, so obviously I think there is some value in it. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mastery of Love.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Alex Thank you, Christie!

I'm in complete agreement.