Caty's Reviews > Entwined with You

Entwined with You by Sylvia Day

May?? Wasn't this suposed to be out in December?
:( I need my Gideon fix!
___________________________________________________________

There's definetely something to be said about expectations.
I stayed away from Miss Day's facebook and official pages on purpose cause I really wanted to dive in this story without preconceptions.
I've been obsesed with Gideon Cross and Eva Tramel's relationship since I bumped into Bared to you last year. So those expectations I was telling you about? sky high. Unfortunately,I managed to avoid one important piece of information in my quest for not reading any spoilers: THIS.IS.NOT.THE.FINAL.BOOK.

So imagine my surprise when I discovered nothing was resolved in this book, and when I say nothing I really mean it.

Sure, I still love Gideon and Eva and I really get all the reasons behind the desition of adding two more books to the series, but I can't get over the fact that for most of this book nothing really happened.

What I loved about the two previous books in this series was that the sex scenes were a fundamental part of the story telling. Steamy, romantic, raw, tender, angry, sad, hot, kinky. Think of any kind of sex and the Crossfire series has it, but no sex scene -until this book- felt gratuitous, which was probably what bothered me the most about this book. Gideon and Eva were to occupied screwing each other to death for anything else to happen.

So no, I didn't love Entwined with you as much as I loved the previous books of the series. I think the plot was weak, and at some point the sex fest became a little boring. I'm cool with adding two more books to the series if that means we get to see Eva and Gideon grow into their relationship and all the secondary characters of the series evolve with them. I still believe in Sylvia Day's hability to tell a fantastic story I just hope she gets the chance to do it in the next two instalments of this amazing series.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Entwined with You.

06/10/2013 marked as: read

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by AH (new) - added it

AH May? Why? Oh, why?

Caty I know AH. I just read it at the HEA's blog interview with Sylvia that came out today. Am I crazy or the release day was set for December until last week?

message 3: by AH (new) - added it

AH No, you aren't crazy. I saw December and I was looking on NetGalley and Edelweiss. No wonder it isn't there yet.

message 4: by Jessie (new) - added it