Laura's Reviews > Autobiography of Parley P. Pratt

Autobiography of Parley P. Pratt by Parley P. Pratt

Feb 12, 09

bookshelves: biography
Recommended to Laura by: Carol Jenson, my mother
Recommended for: Anyone searching for a greater understand of the restoration of the gospel
Read in February, 2009

I listened to this book on CD and really enjoyed it but I have to say if I'd tried to read it I may have gotten bogged down a couple of times; other times were laugh out loud. I learned so much from this book about church history and gained a new perspective for events like the unjust imprisonment in Liberty Jail, the saints being driven from their homes in Missouri and Illinois, the conversion of John Taylor, Parley's own conversion and preparation to receive the gospel, the holy calling of the apostleship, etc., etc. Listening to Parley's account of his life has sparked my interest in learning more church history. I would highly recommend this book. I have chosen not to share all the insights I gained from his life in this particular medium (a goodreads review), but feel like I'm a better person for having read his book. Thanks Mom for recommending it.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Autobiography of Parley P. Pratt.

Seth Jenson I listened to this one too. Fascinating! Seems like they had such dramatic conversions back then.