Leilani's Reviews > Death on the Nile

Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie

Jan 29, 2009

bookshelves: mystery-spy
Read in January, 2009

** spoiler alert ** I felt good about this one; I almost had it solved! And I might have too if I had been able to put it down long enough to ponder on it. A few of the side mysteries I did figure out but the main murder, that one needed more thought. Very well written.

In this book Poirot is on holiday and while he tries not to work while he is, his work still followed him. He is in Egypt and for this leg of his journey he is on a boat touring various spots via the Nile. Many of the passengers know him by reputation. Even with this knowledge they didn't change their plans, likely because they wanted to be caught. So through his normal acquaintances with the other passengers, Poirot has the whole case laid out right in front of him.

He solves the murders in one day by a little questioning and legwork, just to untangle a pesky grains of sand obscuring his view of the clear picture, and lots of thinking on what he has observed over the past week from visiting with the other passengers and enjoying his holiday. This isn't the first holiday that work has followed him and it probably won't the last. He's just too good at what he does.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death on the Nile.