Tracy's Reviews > Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs

Jan 26, 09

bookshelves: ebook, kindle, fiction, fantasy
Read in January, 2009

This was really disappointing, particularly compared to the Mercedes Thompson series. It leaned way too heavily on the romance/relationship between Charles and Anna and not nearly enough on the werewolf stuff. And their relationship was BORING.

The only saving grace - and the reason I gave this book two stars - was that Anil was pretty cool and his backstory was great. And I liked Walter.

The last 20% of the book was decent, since things finally started happening. If the whole book had been like that, maybe it would have gotten 3-4 stars. Instead it was a bad romance (ie, I didn't care at all about the relationship between the characters, not even a jot) wrapped up in not-enough supernatural. And I'm still annoyed I bought it.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cry Wolf.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Nicole I agree with all your points. It's frustrating to buy something and have hope for it and then just feel disappointed. I find that boring may be an understatement for the romance part of the book. I'm only half way through so far, so it's hard for me to say for sure, but so far Anna seems like a husk of a main character and her relationship with Charles is sorta creepy.