Ishaiah2012's Reviews > The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain

Jan 22, 2009

Dear reader, see if you can read this!” Doan hurt me don’t, I haint ever done no harm to a ghoas? I alwuz liked dead people, en done all I could for em, you go en git in de river ag’in whah you b’longs, en doan, do nuffin to ole jim’ at ‘ uz alwuz you fren.’’ How would you feel if you had to read this book. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain and have to go through this language. I know you would feel the same way as me. Huckleberry is very overwhelming on some parts. It had a lot of violence, and he is sneaky.

Huck Finn was very overwhelming because the language was hard to interprete in today’s English. He meet to many people on the way through his adventurous trip. even though they were strangers he was comfortable around strangers. Then, their were to many separate little stories between each chapter. It was too much because I started to become confused. That is why Huck Finn was o overwhelming.

Oh my goodness, I tell you their was so much violence in this story. If you notice every sense is this book with huck present someone always died. It was kind of scary. Also, his father was abusive. He had a horrible drinking problem. Until the point when he decided to run away just to keep himself safe.

Lastly, he was very sneaky. In the book he sneaked out the house while his father ran some errands. Then, he even tried to help jim become free so he can have a life where he dosen’t have to worry about anything.

In conclusion, now that you know the reason why I disagreed with this book. How about you try reading the book? Maybe your thoughts might be the opposite.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.

message 1: by Nirav (new) - added it

Nirav Solanky good.. can u throw some lights on narrative aspects of the novel..?