Yaz's Reviews > The Beginning

Nov 04, 12

bookshelves: r2r, purchased-before-2013
Recommended to Yaz by: Lovers of Paranormal Group
Read from November 01 to 04, 2012

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review via Lovers of Paranormal program R2R.

The story introduces five main characters (Sam, Collin, Kate, Clare and Sal). Four out of five of them have something that just makes them different. The story walks us through the lives of these characters from childhood to adulthood, and the realization, that they might have more in common than just their friendship.

The background story of how they came to be what they are, is very intriguing and I enjoyed that part of the story. I did miss having a bit of action though. A lot of this first book is background, world building material, which seemed a bit slow at times. The story of how this world will work, was fascinating. I understand this is just the introduction of the series, so I'm expecting more action from the sequels. I am curious as to where the author will take these series, so I hope I get the chance to read the sequel.

Some of the story chapters were too short, which gave me the impression of just being fill-in excerpts or snippets, and some didn't really add much to the story, so I think they could have been incorporated to other chapters or left out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Beginning.

11/01/2012