Richa's Reviews > Seduction and Snacks

Seduction and Snacks by Tara Sivec

Nov 22, 12

Ok, I have to say this "WHAT IN GOD'S AND HOT CHOCOLATE'S NAME WAS THAT?"

In the first few pages all I could see was "I'm never having children"...then...babies, babies, babies, ranting, ranting, ranting,
disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, ranting, ranting, ranting
....yeah we get it...the heroine has an extreeeeeeme aversion to children, and all things related to them (including childbirth) and then of course she had to go and have a baby of her own in a super romantic manner (*note-sarcasm*) and end up being a single mom....I was kinda surprised that I even read the book till there....because all I could think along the way was "YOU (the character) need to consult a psychoanalyst and get some serious therapy done" .......

Everyone and I mean everyone in the book was obsessed with vagina and of course penis, all they could do was talk about it, think about it, want to have sex all the time either with themselves or others. Seriously people (the characters) GET A LIFE! Perhaps they did not have a proper psychosexual development, something must have gone wrong in their phallic stage. I don't know.....

We have been taught to be critical thinkers and not pass judgement based on our whims because writers write and it's our job to understand what they are trying to convey and read between the lines, so as a critical thinker I would once again like to reiterate my earlier point GET A LIFE (the characters-I just don't get them).

The storyline was pretty common but it had potential and could have been developed into something worthwhile but the characters, the writing style, the words, all of it slowly and slowly choked the life out of it until there was nothing left but this....whatever this is...

There are many who liked it, no, actually loved it which is clearly evident from their reviews and ratings, so to each their own, I guess. The book didn't make me laugh (alright, it did perhaps just once or twice) , it did make me cringe though.

I'm not a prude or something nor do I have anything against swear words used occasionally but I want to know- do people really talk that way?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduction and Snacks.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dd (new) - rated it 1 star

Dd Go Richa go.At a point I hoped that Claire's mom had never given birth to her and thus put her (and all of us) out of misery.

Richa I guess it's a moot point and hope now considering she's already here,we know her and we even listened to her....call it perverse curiosity but I actually nearly read the whole book to see how far can she go.....then I thought "What's wrong with me?" and just skipped the whole thing.;P

message 3: by Dd (new) - rated it 1 star

Dd Damn.So you did win the bet.
So now I suggest you to read-The Hunger Games.You'll love it.It's amazing.

message 4: by Richa (last edited Oct 22, 2012 09:30AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Richa Yep...saw that you've recommended the book to me....if you have a copy,then mail it to me.....have you seen the movie 'The Hunger Games'?....I have two songs by Taylor Swift of that movie-'Safe & Sound' and 'Eyes Open'.....and on a different but related topic what's my prize for winning?

message 5: by Dd (new) - rated it 1 star

Dd Your prize is Hunger Games.I'm mailing it to you now.Read it next.

Richa Smarty pants ;P....do you want the songs?

message 7: by Dd (new) - rated it 1 star

Dd Yes plzzzz.And I am also sending you the song-Rue's lullaby.But listen to it only after you have completed the book.ok...

message 8: by Dd (new) - rated it 1 star

Dd Sent it.

Richa yes ma'am....... ;)

message 10: by Dd (new) - rated it 1 star

Dd Ha ha...good gal.Keep it up.

Blacky *Romance Addict* Bwahahahah awesome review! I know I'm definitely not reading this!

message 12: by Richa (new) - rated it 1 star

Richa Blacky wrote: "Bwahahahah awesome review! I know I'm definitely not reading this!"

Thanks Blacky!

I don't know for most of the people this book was something which made them laugh their heads off

but for me it was like

Blacky *Romance Addict* I saw enough quotes to know I don't/won't like it. Just not my type of humor.

message 14: by Richa (new) - rated it 1 star

Richa Blacky wrote: "I saw enough quotes to know I don't/won't like it. Just not my type of humor."

Then welcome to the club!

message 15: by Jill (new)

Jill I haven't read this, but I doubt it would be my cuppa. Great review, Richa!

message 16: by Richa (new) - rated it 1 star

Richa Thanks Jill! It was a real drag....I don't know how I read it...may be it was God, or may be it was simply a challenge, or may be a plain, simple concussion.. :P ;)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter I know I am repeating myself but I won't be ever reading this one. No, thanks. Great review, Richa!

message 18: by Richa (new) - rated it 1 star

Richa Baba wrote: "I know I am repeating myself but I won't be ever reading this one. No, thanks. Great review, Richa!"

I don't blame you! :) Thanks, Baba!

message 19: by deirdre (new)

deirdre thank you the honest review!

message 20: by Richa (new) - rated it 1 star

Richa deirdre wrote: "thank you the honest review!"

You're welcome, Deirdre! :)

Duchess Nicole Nice review! I agree with the wtf on the language. Trailer trash talk! I thought there were funny parts, but after the shock value wore off, there wasn't much left than trash.

message 22: by Richa (new) - rated it 1 star

Richa Duchess Nicole wrote: "Nice review! I agree with the wtf on the language. Trailer trash talk! I thought there were funny parts, but after the shock value wore off, there wasn't much left than trash."

Thanks, Nicole! :)
I'm seriously at a loss to understand why the author invented such characters....there something about 'vagina hand' and god knows what all other nonsense...I mean seriously 'vagina hand'?......ugh!

Ashley Could not agree more.

message 24: by Richa (last edited Feb 12, 2013 01:55AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Richa Ashley wrote: "Could not agree more."

Lol. Thanks! My friend had challenged me to read more than 10 pages of this book and I nearly finished reading the whole story....and then I felt so proud of myself. I thought if I could endure 100 or more pages of that, I can read anything!! LOL! :P

Ashley that is a big accomplishment. I didnt get past page 20.

message 26: by Richa (new) - rated it 1 star

Richa Ashley wrote: "that is a big accomplishment. I didnt get past page 20."

Lol...it's a good thing because you'd have felt tortured had you read more than 20 pages...I'm sure you must have felt that way reading those 20 pages! ;)

Akanksha❤ Søren♰ Aww~ Give it a re-try when you are in the funny mood.. this book just tickles your funny bone!

Leah I completely agree I was reading the book searching for the humour. I couldn't connect with the characters and I don't like the over use of the word vagina, it was crude and immature. Not judging anyone who does like it but it was not for me.