Liv's Reviews > You Suck

You Suck by Christopher Moore

Jan 30, 09

bookshelves: fiction, humour
Read in January, 2009

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Suck.

Quotes Liv Liked

Christopher Moore
“Not unlike the toaster, I control darkness.”

Christopher Moore
“Stop," I said. "Please do not further endorken yourself to me. You have great hair and a car that is most fly, and you have just saved me with your mad ninja driving skills, so do not sully your heroic hottie image in my mind by further reciting your nerdy scholastic agenda. Don't tell me what you're studying, Steve, tell me what's in your soul. What haunts you?"
And he was like, "Dude, you need to cut back on the caffeine.”

Christopher Moore
“The music coming from inside sounded like robots fucking. And complaining about it. In rhythmic monotone. European robots.”
Christopher Moore, You Suck: A Love Story

Christopher Moore
“For a while he'd tried molding himself into the tragic Romantic hero, brooding and staring clench-jawed off into space as he composed dark verse in his head. But it turned out that trying to appear tragic in Incontinence, Indiana, was redundant, and his mother kept shouting at him and making him forget his rhymes. "Tommy, if you keep grinding your teeth like that, they'll wear away and you'll have to have dentures like Aunt Ester." Tommy only wished his beard was as heavy as Aunt Ester's---then he could stare out over the moors while he stroked it pensively.”

Christopher Moore
“...as if someone had thrown a hand grenade into the middle of a teddy bear orgy and the only survivors had had their fur blown off.”

Christopher Moore
“Tommy had felt alone in a crowd before, even inferior to everyone in a crowd, but now he felt, well, different. It wasn't just the clothes and the make up, it was the humanity. He wasn't part of it. Heightened senses or not, he felt like he had his nose pressed against the window, looking in. The problem was, it was the window of a donut shop.”
tags: humor

Christopher Moore
“I could stand on my head and flick the bean right there at the dinner table and my mom would be all, "Honey, Christmas is family time, we should be together" and make me finish in front of everyone.”
tags: humor

Christopher Moore
“She knew it should bother her more, being evil and all, but after she put on a little mascara and some lipstick and poured herself another cup of blood-laced coffee, she found that she was okay with it.”

01/22/2009 page 79
24.09% "Absolutely hysterical! (I want this turned into a movie, or tv show, and I want to star as Jody.)"