Kari's Reviews > The Unwanted Wife

The Unwanted Wife by Natasha Anders

Oct 22, 12

bookshelves: favorite-strong-heroines, hes-a-wolf-in-sheeps-clothing, can-not-get-enough-of, he-might-be-the-devil, an-astounding-writer
Read from October 21 to 22, 2012 — I own a copy

If there is one thing I cannot stand it is weak characters and I’m not just talking about the poorly written/ descriptive kind. I’m talking no backbone what so ever. You’re left wondering ‘How in the hell did this fool make it through life thus far?’

Meet Theresa: Whom in her own circumstances is a victim and she is aware of this, however in no fashion does she let the title deter or strip her in her mission to adapt and attempt to formulate her next plan in order to over come her circumstantial situation. Theresa has more bravado and gusto than I expected. She surprised me and that’s why I fell in love with her. In chapter one she is verbally/ emotionally attack in way you should never aim for at a woman and she chooses physical violence as her means of defense, beautifully written it hits that emotional cord.

Meet Alessandro aka Sandro: Cold hearted bastard of a husband, let’s not forget sexy as hell (of course). Who for the past eighteen months has believed he has had good reason to be so callous and distant towards his doting faithful wife……until…..wait for it…..oops, he realizes he should have tried communicating eighteen months ago. Then he would have realized his wife really is who she appears to be not part of catalyst of someone else’s sadistic plan, just as he is.

But that’s okay, because in nine months she will have her out and in nine months he just might loose the one pure happiness he’s found in another’s soul. Whom might that be, his wife or another?

In nine months he will try to rectify the bad manner he’s imposed on another for the past eighteen months. Can he? Would you eventually forgive and love him as I may have or have not.

Best part for me:
“They were both out of breath and she realized that there were terrible mewling sounds coming from the back of her throat, the words of hate she repeatedly hurled at him, having long ago faded into incoherent sobs.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unwanted Wife.

10/21/2012
41.0% "Seething, spitting, mad right now!"
10/21/2012
65.0% "OH hellllllllllllllllllllllll No, I would have kicked his ass a long time time ago. Oh, wait, she did! And that's why I love her!"
10/22/2012
100.0% "Review to come later today!"