Jason's Reviews > Pregnancy Sucks for Men: What to Do When Your Miracle Makes You Both Miserable

Pregnancy Sucks for Men by Joanne Kimes

Jan 21, 2009

liked it
Read in August, 2007

It was a good book for learning about what was happening during my wife's first pregnancy. I could have used without the overly manly-man filler, though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pregnancy Sucks for Men.

Nasajoe I rated this book low. While it was full of terms and jargon I didn't already know, I found myself becoming offended every page with the author's sexist, machismo-tainted comments about the mothers-to-be. The writing makes soooo much of how pregnency can negatively affect the man in the relationship and I felt I was being lumped into a negative, sterotypical male group. I would NOT recommend this book for an expectant father-to-be, especially if it's a first time father. While I appreciated learning about the multitude of new things that are happening to my wife and new child, I could have done without the tired and used old cliches that abound in this 'book'. Unless you want the new father spouting some of the horrible things this author says, don't buy this book!