Angie's Reviews > Hidden Empire

F_50x66
Feb 18, 09

bookshelves: sci-fi
Read in February, 2009

Awesome book. It reminds me of Isaac Asimov's Foundation Triology/ Star Wars, in that the setting is an entire galaxy run mostly by one single man. You've got robots, space travel, cool aliens, and "green priests" who are linked through instant telepathy across the galaxy.

The first half of the book is a little slow as the author has to introduce all the important people and places, and tell the history or "how it all got to this point".

Then the plot thickens and all is not so rosy as the first half of the book makes it seem. Lots of plots lead to one huge discovery, and plunges them all into war with a third alien race that has the power to anhilate them all.

By the midpoint, you've developed feelings for some of the characters, but watch out...he ups and kills a few already! The last 50 pages or so are all of these horrible things happening to these people you feel like you know, and it's a total cliffhanger times 10 since the auther ends with each and every character in a very tough spot.

I can't wait to get my hands on the second book just so I can find out how my characters are faring. I hate leaving them in such dire straights.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hidden Empire.