Holly's Reviews > Frostbite

bookshelves: series, vampires, own
Recommended to Holly by: Gerri
Recommended for: Vampires-In-Training
Read in January, 2009, read count: 2

Frostbite, so far, is my favorite of the Vampire Academy series. Maybe it's because I know the characters well now, or maybe it's because there was more conflict. I don't really know--or care--what the reason is, but it's my favorite. It's nice to see Rose and Lissa grow, how they learn, and how they react. It's so much fun to see how Rose'll react to something, seeing as she always has to be a smartass, like myself. The way she grows throughout what I've read is remarkable. Even the mighty must fall...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Frostbite.

Quotes Holly Liked

Richelle Mead
“You can't force love, I realized. It's there or it isn't. If it's not there, you've got to be able to admit it. If it is there, you've got to do whatever it takes to protect the ones you love.”

Richelle Mead
“You know what would help?" I asked, not meeting his eyes.

"Hmm?"

"If you turned off this crap music and put on something that came out after the Berlin Wall went down."

Dimitri laughted. "Your worst class is history, yet somehow, you know everything about Eastern Europe."

"Hey, gotta have material for my jokes, Comrade." Still smiling, he turned the radio dail. To a country station.

"Hey! This isn't what I had in mind," I exclaimed. I could tell he was on the verge of laughing again.

"Pick. It's one or the other."

I sighed. "Go back to the 1980s stuff."

He flipped the dail, and I crossed my arms over my chest as some vaguely European-sounding band sang about how video had killed the radio star. I wished someone would kill this radio.”

Richelle Mead
“There's nothing worse than waiting and not knowing what'll happen to you. Your own imagination can be crueler than any captor.”

Richelle Mead
“Not into older guys, huh?" asked Adrian once we were alone.
"You're imagining things," I said. "Clearly, my stunning beauty has clouded your mind.”

“what's your name?"
what?" i asked, squinting at the light.
your name." I reconized Dr. Olendzki peering over me.
you know my name."
I want you to tell me."
Rose. Rose Hathaway."
Do you know your birthday?"
Of course I do. Why are you asking me such stupid things? Did you lose my records?"
Dr. Olendzki gave an exasperated sigh and walked off, taking the annoying light with her. "I think she's fine,”

Richelle Mead
“What matters is that someone—that you—know me that well. When a person can see into your soul, it's hard. It forces you to be open. Vulnerable. It's much easier being with someone who's just more of a casual friend.”