Jin's Reviews > The View from Saturday

The View from Saturday by E.L. Konigsburg

Jan 21, 09

bookshelves: quarter-2

This novel started with what would happen in the end and then it starts talking about the protagonists who are narrating their stories and their journey making to the Academic Bowl. Noah Gershom, Nadia Diamondstein, Ethan Potter, and Julian Singh are students in Epiphany Middel School and they form a group they call "The Souls”. They all have different backgrounds and stories. The Academic Bowl was coming and Mrs. Olinski chose the “Souls” The Epiphany team beats even the seventh and eighth graders in the Academic Bowl and becomes the state champion. Because the novel started with the ending, I could predict what will happen next, so it doesn’t motivate me much to read it. I found the characters quite interesting and unique and that is what makes me keep reading until the end. I can kind of relate to the characters. I think I’m more like Ethan Potter because I used to be very quiet and I hardly talk to others. Then because of something significant happened to my life and it changed my life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The View from Saturday.