Dominic's Reviews > Gardens of the Moon

May 03, 09

bookshelves: favorites
Recommended for: Fantasy readers, George R.R. Martin Fans
Read in December, 2008, read count: 1

The only words that really come to mind when I think of this novel are such as "immaculate" and "incredible." Erickson has, in so many ways, created the most panoramic world in the genre of fantasy. The sheer scope of the novel is an undertaking in itself, and for Erickson to have executed everything to such an enjoyable and high-level read are nothing short of miracles. No other author, not even Tolkien, George R.R. Martin, or Gene wolfe could come even remotely close to handling so many completely individual and complex plot scenarios in such an expert manner, let alone blend them so seamlessly together. Such praise is even more unexpected for this novel, as it is intendid only as a introduction to the Malazan Book of the Fallen! Merely an introduction has become a force in itself to be reackoned with in the literary world! I will not allow such feats to go unnoticed, and I will whole-heartedly recommend this book to ANYONE who enjoys reading. Lastly, I would like to personally thank Mr. Steven Erickson for enriching my life, both the physical and mental aspects of it, in such a wonderful, professional literary way. Mr. Erickson, you are a true artist.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gardens of the Moon.