Traci's Reviews > No Plot? No Problem!: A Low-Stress, High-Velocity Guide to Writing a Novel in 30 Days

No Plot? No Problem! by Chris Baty

Oct 20, 12

Read on October 20, 2012

I, once again and undertaking the task of NaNoWriMo next month. Last year, I attempted Nano but sadly, I did not win. I put No Plot? No Problem! onto my wishlist last year before Nano thinking that it may or may not be helpful in my novel writing process.

I managed to get through about two weeks of my novel before I ended up giving up. Yes, two weeks. I feel into the trap that so many others fall into. I let my inner editor run around and critique everything that I wrote.

When I read No Plot? No Problem! I realized, even though I knew it all along, to be successful, I need to let that go. I will never get a novel written if I continue to backspace and delete everything that I type. It makes me so frustrated that I eventually just give up entirely.

Full of practical advice on novel writing and making it to your 50,000 word count, No Plot? No Problem is a must read for anyone considering the crazy, wild idea of writing a novel in 30 days. There is a nice little section full of advice by each week of Nano which can be a great help and motivator particularly if you're very, very behind on word counts!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Plot? No Problem!.

10/20/2012