Michelle's Reviews > Viper's Creed

Viper's Creed by T.L. Shreffler

Oct 23, 12

bookshelves: blog-tour, kindle, favorites, review-on-blog
Read from October 19 to 23, 2012

Viper's Creed is a fantasy and quest lovers dream come true. The stage was set in the first book, and now in this book you just get to sit back and enjoy every single page. I completely loved it. It seemed so different than most books that I have been reading lately. Especially the romance. I am a huge fan of this series.

Viper's Creed picks up a year after Sora's Quest left off, and Sora has been staying with and training with Lori. A strange and dangerous disease starts spreading over the lands and soon Sora finds herself off on another adventure. Along with a new sidekick, and two old ones. I am not sure what I think about the new addition to the group. Something about her seems off. But I do know that I love good ole Burn and bad ole Crash. And Crash is just as closed off and enigmatic as ever.

I said before that the romance is so unlike most I have encountered in a YA book. There is no insta love, no love triangle, no long time pining. But it is still so cute to watch Sora and Crash interact. Crash is a man of very, very, very few words. So pretty much everything about him is non-verbal. You can catch glimpses of him emotions and feelings through his actions. T.L. Shreffler has done a really amazing job telling a story without much dialogue at all from Crash, and that is not something that is easy to do. I do wish we saw a little bit more of Crash's point of view. We saw glimpses, but I found myself enjoying his parts of the story the most.

The Cat's Eye series is riveting. I loved it and I would put my review pile on hold if I had book 3 right now to read it right away. The adventure is really underway now. And we got more answers in this book so now I have a better idea of the next few legs of the journey. I have to say that I hope this turns out to be a very long series, because I have not had nearly enough yet.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Viper's Creed.