Zylle's Reviews > The Bride Collector

The Bride Collector by Ted Dekker

U 50x66
Oct 19, 12

Read in October, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I won't go into the plot of the book, which was interesting enough. It was the relationships between the characters that made the book so blah to me. At the beginning of the book, there are hints that the main character has feelings for a co-worker. Later, another character is introduced who he develops feelings for. Instead of making the main character have to confront his conflicted feelings, the first love interest is unceremoniously killed off to make way for the second, and while the main character professes being "close" to her, he mourns her death for all of five minutes, and then fall in love with the new girl in the same amount of time.

The fact that the main character is also built up to be so irresistible to women was also kind of annoying. There wasn't a single female character with more than two lines who didn't sing the praises of his "godlike beauty." Seriously.

The pseudo-theological overtones of the book also didn't do anything for me. Still, I was interested enough to finish the book, so I wouldn't say I disliked it as a whole. Still, the writing was mediocre at best.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bride Collector.