Jackie's Reviews > The Necromancer

The Necromancer by P.M. Richter

Oct 21, 12

bookshelves: on-my-kindle
Read from October 19 to 21, 2012

The story gives a lot of background information about Witchcraft which I kind of found interesting. I mean I guess it needed to be said but what the author intended certainly superceded its unrealistic paranormal vibe. After all Wicca is considered a religion and rape is a serious crime. Those facts alone are what make this story kinda scary.

Were it not for this book I would've never known, for example, that the religion of witchcraft has over 200,000 adherents in the United States, alone. There are five times as many witches as there are Quakers; more witches than there are Unitarians or Buddhists. There are at least 5,000 covens in the United States AND to the witches, God was both male and female, father and mother of all things. A strict 'witch's ethic' forbade Wiccans from accepting money for training or initiating anyone into their religion. They also view sex as a sacrament.

Michelle didn't know what she was getting into when she chooses to have an affair with Omar the Necromancer. He IS the bane of her existence as her rapist, but she didn't know that. Her memories were wiped clean among other things when she was raped by his pet human, Samson. Omar had another pet; Lucifer the adorable kitten whom he used to perform magical services.
"This is a special cat. Omar's cat." Heather sighed. "A bewitched cat who eats human organs."

I fell in love with this cute kitten nevermind Rod Nakamura! lol

Omar wanted Michelle to be a High Priestess but she needed to be tested by blood, water and fire . All that did was make Michelle stronger in her supernatural abilites. She had a gift of healing and was sorta psychic. The battle between Omar and Michelle on the beach was fun and extraordinary. I really enjoyed that part. It wasn't your normal physical fight but more of the mind. I love the ocean! when Vincent and Michelle were swimming and fighting for their lives. It was exhilirating and exciting. Overall this is a great book and I recommend it to the adventuresome.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Necromancer.

10/20/2012
23.0% ""you must humanize yourself if you are assaulted; make the attacker acknowledge you as a real person, not an object.""
10/20/2012
48.0% ""you must humanize yourself if you are assaulted; make the attacker acknowledge you as a real person, not an object.""