Megan [I'm okay, I'm alright]'s Reviews > Burn for Burn

Burn for Burn by Jenny Han

Jan 29, 2013

Read on October 20, 2012

Dude, I freaking love Jenny Han. This was my first experience with Siobhan Vivian, but she must be pretty boss too.

I finished this book in one day. Just a few hours, actually. It was the kind of thing that you can get totally wrapped up in. Sure, the plot isn't that original. It reminded me a lot of The Karma Club (and also I got an urge to watch John Tucker Must Die Again). But BFB added it's own twists and turns, and had a dark side to it that I really enjoyed.

[spoilers removed]

The characters also weren't all that deep, but they were really diverse and interesting. I think we'll get to know them better in the next two books. Lillia was my favorite, and I like Alex too.

Basically, to sum this up, BFB wasn't too deep or introspective, but it was a great piece of chick lit with a slightly darker side to it. It's a pretty fast read, with a great setting, and it leaves you wanting more. Can't wait for the next book! :)

-- So, somehow what I wrote and tried to put in spoiler brackets has simply turned into saying "[spoilers removed]". That's annoying. --

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Burn for Burn.

10/20/2012 page 195
52.0% "I'm definitely shipping Lillia and Alex right now. It's so hard to tell if he's really a jerk or not, though!"