Bree's Reviews > Handle with Care

Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult

Apr 08, 09

bookshelves: 2009, fiction
Read in April, 2009

Hmmmm...I'm just not sure what to say. The book started off really awesome, I couldn't put it down. I realized partway through that it was really following closely to the "formula" that she used in My Sister's Keeper, which was slightly annoying...but still, it worked well for the subject. Parts of the trial were unrealistic, IMO...especially one BIG part (you'll know what part if you read it - it's just so left-field and would NEVER happen in a courtroom). And then the ending...gah! WTH?!

I hated the mom (Charlotte) most of the way through...even though I understood where she was coming from, I didn't think it was the way to go about "fixing" things...though I know that's what Picoult was going for.

Overall, though...it was a good book, and it would have gotten 5 stars if it hadn't been for the ending. I was sucked right in, emotional and involved with the characters...it was SO good, right up until then. *sigh*
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Handle with Care.

04/06/2009 page 267
55.97% "LOVING this book - really sucked me in. I don't really like the mom, though...she's very self-involved and doesn't realize what she's doing!"