Krisette Spangler's Reviews > Better: A Surgeon's Notes on Performance

Better by Atul Gawande

Sep 01, 09

bookshelves: nonfiction
Read in September, 2009

This was another gripping book by Gawande. Each chapter is an essay on medical care, and how it could be better. It was full of fascinating stories, as well as appalling facts that have changed the way I view medical care. I highly recommend this one, as well as his other book, Complications.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Better.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (new) - added it

Karen Complications was such a fun read, I am looking forward to hearing what you think of Better.

Krisette Spangler My husband started reading it last night, and he said it's really interesting.

Stacy I feel like we can't read anything now with Don Quixote looming.

Krisette Spangler I'm taking all of my books back to the library until further notice. Otherwise, I'll be tempted to skip out on Don Quixote.

Stacy You are much more disciplined than I am. I just got a couple of books that I can't give up. I'm rebelling. I will just have to give up movies for awhile or something.

Krisette Spangler Don't forget about all of the canning coming up.

Stacy Canning, Don Quixote, jam, Don Quixote, canning, clean some stuff, take children somewhere, Don Quixote, canning, more canning, Don Quixote.

That's the rest of my Summer.

message 8: by Krisette (last edited Aug 30, 2009 07:43PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Krisette Spangler I read half of Don Quixote, and I have to take a break. I'm really enjoying this book so far.