Robin Priddy's Reviews > Demon Hunting in the Deep South

Demon Hunting in the Deep South by Lexi George

Oct 18, 12

Read in October, 2012

Evangline Douglass knows alot about demons, more than she really wants to know. Her best friend is about to marry a demon hunter and for some reason their small town of Hannah Alabama has became a hot-bed for demon activity. Evie is a shy woman who doesn't see herself in a very good light. When her high school nemesis,Meredith, is murdered in Evie's office and the murder wepon is found in her car, most everyone in town belives she killed her. They belive Evie wanted Meredith out of the way because she is in love with the other womans husband. Evie knows what killed Meredith but not how to prove it. Meredith comes back as a ghost and Evie is the only one who can see her. She tries to get Meredith to tell her who really killed her but it seems that Meredith is just as mean as a ghost as she was when she was living. Evie's friend brings in her soon to be brother-in-law to help her prove that she is not a killer.
Ansgar is a Dalvahni warrior from another dimension. His job is to hunt down the demons. Ansgar belives that having fellings for Evie will make him weak. So after the last battle he wipes Evie's memory of him and goes back to his own dimension. But he is unable to forget about her. When he finds out that she is in trouble he decides to come to her rescue. But Evie does not remeber him and has gone back to being the shy withdrawn woman she was before. He will have to not only protect her but win her heart all over again.

This is the second installment of Ms George's demon hunter series. Before you read this book you do need to read the first one , Demon Hunting in Dixie. We get to watch as Ansgar draws Evie out of her shell and boast her self-confidence. We also learn a little more about why the demons seem to be drawn to the small southern town. This is one of the best new series I have read in a long time. Can't wait for the next one to come out. This is a series I will keep on my keeper shelf and reread over and over again. The next book Demon Hunting in a Dive Bar will be out on January 31 2013. It is about Beck who is half demon and owns a demonoid bar and Conall who is the boss of the demon hunters.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demon Hunting in the Deep South.