Margaret's Reviews > Creating a World Without Poverty: Social Business and the Future of Capitalism

Creating a World Without Poverty by Muhammad Yunus

Feb 10, 09

Read in February, 2009

Excellent book. I saw one less than stellar review and she sounded like a jaded b*tch who doesn't see the potential society has for progress beyond its own selfish means. Even if Yunus' hopes are far reaching, I don't think they are impossible when you see everything he's done. And with the people he helps, they will continue to spread this hope for a world without poverty and one with peace.... at this rate, with the economy tanking, we may all need his expertise one day and be vulnerable enough to share his same dreams with the same energy.
If you have any interest in starting your own company, please read this book first. If you have any interest in society, in creating peace, or just in learning, I would definitely recommend any Yunus book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Creating a World Without Poverty.

01/20/2009 page 52
17.57% "So far so good... different vibe from his first book Banker to the Poor... it reads more like a textbook or class reading, telling the reade"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Josephine I thought the same thing about the person who wrote the less than stellar review.