Shannon Brown's Reviews > The Spirit Clearing

The Spirit Clearing by Mark Tufo

Apr 19, 13

bookshelves: recommended
Read from April 14 to 19, 2013

I love the character of Michael Talbot in Zombie Fallout. He is the heart of the book and I am a dedicated fan as long as Tufo keeps writing ZF novels. I have listened to Mark Runnette read the audible audio books. Runnette IS the voice of Mike to me.

The other dimension/alternate history of the Indian Hill series didn't really give me a Michael Talbot that I could love. By the time I finished the last Indian Hill book, I was on board and had accepted this alternate reality adventure of Talbot, but it will never be one of my favorites.

The Spirit Clearing is an alternate history of ZF's Michael Talbot that totally worked for me. It was a different Talbot that I BELIEVED, his decisions, his entire life was different from the point that his history diverged from the path to Zombie Fallout, and it was GREAT! Some of Tufo's best writing, I was thrilled to see the familiar in a new light.

If you haven't read Zombie Fallout or Indian Hill, don't worry about it.

I had a slight issue with a plot device, but I can't really discuss it without spoiling.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Spirit Clearing.