Rob's Reviews > Four Perfect Pebbles: A Holocaust Story

Four Perfect Pebbles by Lila Perl

Feb 10, 09

bookshelves: currently-reading, q32009

Lila Perl and Marion Blumenthal Lazan did and excellent job on this book about a girl and her family trying to find hope during the Nazi Holocaust in WWII. The main character, Marion Lazan, is trying to survive with her loved ones in the hell that is World War two. Especially since her family is Jewish. The true story takes place mostly at a concetration camp in Germany during Hilter's reign. I really ejoyed this book, even though it can be intense and violent at sometimes. The experiences of this girl have tought me more than history classes have about how bad the Holocaust was. I would reccomend this book to anyone that has some spare time and would like to learn.

-2/10/09-
LEVEL 1
1. Where do Marion and her family live thruought the book?
They start off in their hometown, then end up in a concentration camp in Germany.

2. What event sparked WWII?
The bombing at Pearl Harbor.

3. What was the Holocaust?
The *harrowing* event during Hitler's reign in WWII where nearly 6 million Jews were killed.
LEVEL 2
1. Why was Marion's family threatened by the war?
They were Jewish, and Hitler was trying to get rid of the Jews.

LEVEL 3
1. Did going through all that stuff bring the family closer and somehow teach them something?
I think that they learned how to be closer and it made them realize what's really important in life, since almost everything was taken from them. Especially their rights.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Four Perfect Pebbles.