All Things Urban Fantasy's Reviews > Leashing the Tempest

Dec 12, 12

bookshelves: reviewed-by-abigail
Read in December, 2012

Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy See site review for more

Urban fantasy has seen a handful of promising new series in the past year or so, and the Arcadia Bell series is one of the best. Even in this bite sized novella (just the right length during the busy holidays), Bennett perfectly conveys her super cool demon and magic infused world, the smart and playful relationship between her trio of main characters, and a fun twisty mystery with plenty of action.

While I highly encourage new readers to start with the first book, LEASHING THE TEMPEST is extremely accessible to newbies without boring fans with info dumps. Arcadia is one of the more relatable heroines in this genre. She’s street smart without being jaded, dauntless without being reckless, and mature enough to catch the eye of the much older (*cough* Johnny Depp*cough*) Lon while still bonding with his heartbreaker-in-training son Jupe.

You can’t go wrong with this quick but thoroughly satisfying novella. If you’re an urban fantasy fan and you haven’t picked up this series, grab LEASHING THE TEMPEST and get ready to get hooked. If you’re already a fan it’ll help tide you over until the next full length Arcadia Bell novel, BINDING THE SHADOWS, hits shelves on May 28, 2013.

Sexual Content:
Kissing. References to sex

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Leashing the Tempest.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elle! (new)

Elle! A Johnny Depp like character. I'm picking this up, thanks for the review. I'll try the series.

All Things Urban Fantasy Elle! wrote: "A Johnny Depp like character. I'm picking this up, thanks for the review. I'll try the series."

He's very similiar Johnny in appearence...I think she even describes him that way in one of the books

message 3: by Elle! (new)

Elle! Haha so creative. *Imagining Johnny Depp from Crybaby the early 90s*...Guess I'll have to wait till May 28th to check out the full one. (Sigh)

All Things Urban Fantasy Elle! wrote: "Haha so creative. *Imagining Johnny Depp from Crybaby the early 90s*...Guess I'll have to wait till May 28th to check out the full one. (Sigh)"

The first two book are available now :)