Elisha Condie's Reviews > The Inimitable Jeeves

The Inimitable Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse

Jan 19, 09

Read in January, 2009

Another Wodehouse. If you're ever feeling tired, or sad, or grumpy, Wodehouse is almost certainly the cure. I just re-read this and although it's not as good as "Code of the Woosters" I still liked it a lot.

All of the Jeeves books follow Jeeves and Bertie Wooster around as Bertie stumbles into trouble, or his friends do, and Jeeves has to get them out of it. I love all of Bertie's friends nicknames- Dogface, Tuppy, Chuffy - they all kill me and their troubles are things like accidentally becoming engaged to girls they dislike and things like that.

I wish I had more friends that read these, but I've only got one - my best one, who turned me on to them in the first place. She's the only one I talk about 'em with. Although I AM trying to get my 2 year old to say "Dash it!" when she's mad, just like Bertie does. Maybe she'll end up being a Wodehouse fan.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Inimitable Jeeves.

Quotes Elisha Liked

P.G. Wodehouse
“We Woosters do not lightly forget. At least, we do - some things - appointments, and people's birthdays, and letters to post, and all that - but not an absolutely bally insult like the above.”
P.G. Wodehouse, The Inimitable Jeeves