Jean's Reviews > The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook

The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook by Ina Garten

Jan 20, 09

Read in July, 2008

I love a simple well-tested cookbook. Preparations had the right amount of details and shortcuts where appropriate. Ina knows how to take care of her home cooks.

Here are the dishes I've tasted and the cookbook club cooks who made them:

Sheela - Lobster Salad in Endive: You can't go wrong with quality lobster. No leftovers with this one.

Molly - Rosemary White Bean Soup: Pureed and delicous. Really an amazing soup and surprisingly right for a summer's evening.

Gretchen - Grilled Tuna Nicoise Platter: Very beautiful presentation and quite delicious. I still dream about the french potato salad and that heavenly vinaigrette. I was grateful for the leftovers. They made me happy.

Me - Fresh Fruit Tart: Ina can turn anyone into a baker with her simple and well-tested recipes. I looked like a star with this one. My first pastry cream. The crust was more of a shortbread than a pie crust and was challenging to cut and present.

Additional thoughts:
I've made the Key Lime curd tart on a couple occasions and it is always a star in the center of the table. Key lime never lets me down.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook.