Kelly's Reviews > Confessions of a Naughty Mommy: How I Found My Lost Libido

1924514
Jan 19, 09

bookshelves: nonfiction, parenting
Read in September, 2008

I was so glad to find a book on this important topic. Very few people actually admit to dealing with this after having a baby, so it's easy to feel like you're messed up in some way. So if for no other reason, I enjoyed this book because it showed me I'm *not* messed up, and I'm not alone. Fluctuations in your libido after having a baby are perfectly natural. Maybe if more people talked about this (women *and* men), we wouldn't be so taken off guard when it happens. We could prepare ourselves mentally and realize it's not the end of the world when it happens.[return][return]But this book also happens to be a very entertaining read! The author is pretty funny, and she has a great way of describing what she's going through. There's also a section from her husband at the end for guys to read.[return][return]My only criticism is that the book was a little light on practical advice. The author talks a lot about the oodles of research she did for this book, but where is a summary of the good advice she found? Or at least a list of books that she would recommend?[return][return]But with that said, I still loved this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Confessions of a Naughty Mommy.